What are REI Clubs?
Definition of the word “club”.
- Group of people, organized for a common purpose and meets regularly.
- Preferred dating tool used by Cavemen.
For REI Clubs, a group of real estate investors getting together. Unlike REI Networks, Clubs won’t drill you with “buy buy buy” speeches. It’s probably a safe bet that their kool-aid isn’t spiked either.
Why find an REI Club?
REI Clubs allow you to network with seasoned investors in your area. These people know the ins and outs of investing, probably offer some guidance and advice. Ideally they could point you to good Real Estate Agents or Lenders. Legal affairs, such as evictions, is something they should know about.
Maybe a potential mentor or partner could be running around. Yes, do some networking.
What do they offer?
Advice. Usually these clubs have experts that come in and give presentations about various topics. Tax planning, tax strategies, lending opportunities, other methods of making money in real estate . . . the list is endless.
How do I find an REI Club?
I’m glad you asked.
- Most of the time, Landlord Associations and REI Clubs go hand in hand.
- Check out the ultimate club site http://www.meetup.com. Meetup.com has the largest collection of clubs and they allow anyone to start a new one. Are you a business woman, not interested in REI Clubbing? Search for “Woman Entrepreneurs” and get bombarded with clubs.
- Type REI Club into Google and you’ll find http://www.reiclubdirectory.com/
- OK so if you’re completely xenophobic, check out the Rich Dad Forums. Membership is free. Just remember that these groups are international and you may not find a specific answer to your specific area. But for me, I can find plenty of information on builders townsville.
One of the key benefits of these clubs is so that you never find yourself totally alone. If you have questions, seek out answers from people who know. So unless you’re vampire, allergic to sunlight and garlic, it may be well worth it to venture outside and check out one of these clubs.