How to Make Your House Smell Fresh and Clean
Everybody loves walking and living in a clean, fresh smelling house. It is the place where we spend the most of our time and like it or not, the way it smells can sometimes influence your mood. A nice or fresh-smelling house will keep the inhabitant in a good mood all day long. House with bad odors can prevent those friendly neighbors or visitors to come in. It doesn’t help you to relax either after a long, tiring and stressful day either.
What causes the odors?
There are many factors that make your house doesn’t smell that good, but the major things are pets, foods (either fresh or rotten ones), laundry, the kitchen and bathroom. Bad ventilation can also make the problem worse. So, to get rid of the unpleasant smell, it is a must that you find the sources first.
How to get rid of those nasty smells?
Getting rid of it doesn’t require a hard work. You just have to be very diligent in keeping your house clean and make sure your ventilation works well. Fresh air really helps in keeping your house smell fresh and clean and opening door and windows is one of the first things we do here at we buy houses Conroe. Here are other things that you can do:
- Preventing is always a best bet. When you see foods spill on your kitchen floor or tables, wipe them as soon as you can. Do not let them stay there creating nasty smell. The same thing goes to your garbage can. Empty it even when it’s not completely full. Imagine how bad overnight food in your garbage can will smell in the next morning. Not that nice!
- Air freshener will also help, so do not doubt to use it. Choose the ones that have fragrance the most appealing to you. Make sure to use fresheners after your house is cleaned. Dirty and smelly house doesn’t work well with them. For instance, your house smells fishy and you try to cover it with rose scented freshener. Instead of getting rid of the smell, you’ll end up with having a worse combination like fishy rose smell. It is no better than the fishy smell you had in the first place.
- Keep your pets clean, bathe them in a regular basis and watch for the litter box. Leaving them sitting around for too long will only cause your house smelling worse.
- Baking soda is good smell absorbent. Put a tablespoon of it at the bottom of your garbage bag to neutralize the odors.
- Keep your windows open. This will help to let go the germs and let the fresh air to come in.
- To make an inexpensive air freshener, you can mix your favorite fabric softener with water, put it into a spray bottle and shake well. Use this on your curtains, carpets, fake plants etc.
- If you love baking your own bread, it will aid a pleasant aroma too. The delicious smell of home-made bread will stay in the house all day long.
- Carpet deodorizer helps to prevent nasty smell of dust, use it before vacuuming.
- You can light your favorite scented candles to add some fragrance. Do this for 30 minutes everyday.
- The last but not least, do not smoke inside the house. Tobacco has very strong smell and no amount of air freshener will be able to overcome it.